Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I will continue until I succeed.


I have already missed out on enough.

I follow my own path. I have found it, so I’ll follow it. There are safe havens and tall cliffs along the way. When I get to the safe havens I won't begrudge myself a moment’s rest. At the springs along the way I will quench my thirst, and then move on, constantly. At crossroads I will know how to tell the difference between a road that is to be followed and one that isn’t. I don't want to take country lanes ever again. They lead me to meadows or swamps, where I have been delayed for too long. I want to stay on the same course. I can gain experience. It grows like the flowers along the way. I want to feast on these flowers and this experience and to feel joy. I won’t lose my way. The trodden paths lie behind me. To walk along them again will not bring me any further. I do not want to follow the herd either. I want to go as slowly as is necessary and as quickly as I can manage. Nothing can stop me from striding ahead of a herd or from running behind it. I have nothing in common with herds. They move en masse. But I take my own path. Sometimes, however, it can happen that for a small part of the way, you walk side by side. It won’t be more comfortable just because it is trod in company, though it will certainly be more entertaining. There are no signposts along the way either. I will go and ask for directions where appropriate. But I will never come to a standstill nor head back from whence I came.

No comments:

Post a Comment