Sunday, November 20, 2011

You need to put your questions simply and clearly


Basically, you know that your pendulum has only two ways of answering, i.e. YES or NO.

So your questions need to take this strict rule into account.

If your questions don't lead directly to one of these two alternative answers, then you need to rephrase them.

Take a piece of paper and a pencil and write them down, following these guidelines:

Your questions should be as short, precise and direct as possible.

Here are a few examples of typical phrases to say, or not to say, which will help you to construct your own in a way that works really well.

Here is an "absurd" illustration of why you need to submit your questions with the utmost clarity:

If you ask:

"Can I jump out of the window?"

The pendulum can answer "YES", because this act is within the realms of possibility, even if you are on the 20th floor of a building!

But if you ask this instead:

"Should I jump out of the window?"

In this case, the "Infinite Intelligence" obviously knows that jumping out of the window would not exactly be in your interests…

And it will therefore compel the pendulum to answer NO.

This extreme example shows you that the difference between an appropriate answer and an inappropriate answer can depend on the use of a single word: can or should.

These two words have different meanings.

They will therefore produce two different answers, one good and one bad.

So pay great attention to the precise meaning of every single word in your question.

If you ask:

How much money will I have on such and such a date?

You won't get any reply, because this question can't be answered with a YES or a NO.

If, however, you ask:

Will I be in possession of £500 on the forthcoming 5 June? (for example)

Your pendulum can reply YES or NO.

If you ask:

How many children will I have?

Again this question can't be answered with a YES or NO.

But if you ask:

Will I have one child?...

Your pendulum can reply YES or NO.

Will I have two children?...

Your pendulum can reply YES or NO.

If you ask:

What number should I use in the lottery?

This question can't be answered with a YES or a NO.

But if you ask:

Should I enter the lottery?

Your pendulum can reply YES or NO.

I will come back to LOTTERY techniques in more detail later.

If you ask:

"Will I have enough money to buy myself a car?" 

As you have probably noticed, this question is in fact a double question and it is therefore likely to lead to a distorted reply.

In a case like this, it would be better to ask:

"Will I be able to buy myself a new car?"

I'll leave these examples there for the moment because I know that you are beginning to see exactly what kind of questions you should be asking. And I will be giving you some more examples later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment