Thursday, December 30, 2010

A SOLITARY APPRENTICESHIP


Throughout my adolescence, I carried on reading about the subjects that interested me and, in particular, I gathered information on occultism. Some 12 years ago now I got hold of a copy of the Petit Albert and the Grand Albert, volumes of magic spells highly respected in the country. These were the first books of their kind I owned, bought using the pocket money I earned helping my father, acquired in secret and hidden at the very back of my desk. I would wait until I was alone in the evening and read them in the dim light of a lamp.
The books specify the times when you should and shouldn’t read them, which must be obeyed at risk of suffering unpleasant consequences. By respecting these recommendations, I felt I was entering another universe where I had every right to be. I had no trouble distinguishing between the ‘normal’ world and the world of occultism, and to me it seemed totally natural for the two to exist side by side and for me to pass between one and the other. I wasn’t looking for an escape into a different world - I just wanted to experience new sensations.


No comments:

Post a Comment