Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It was my unruliness that led me towards the practice of magic! When I was eleven I dislocated my foot jumping off a high roof on a farm. My grandmother took me to a bonesetter she knew. Later, he told me that when he touched me to set the muscles and nerves back in the right place, he felt the potential within me and, without saying anything, made certain gestures to gage my interest and attention.When he realised I had intuitively understood what he was doing, he asked me to come back and see him another time. That’s how he started to teach me some of what he knew, without words, by showing me how it worked and, over the course of time, he revealed more and more to me. It wasn’t luck that caused us to meet and I wasn’t compelled to take up magic. I had the conviction that, like others, I had been born with a ‘magical soul’”. It was by knowing when to hold my tongue and listen to others, by learning to dare, by broadening my education and testing my will that I developed that particular sensibility. I have had magic in me at every stage in my life. Throughout my entire childhood I had experiences that brought me closer to the universe, and that’s because I was ready to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment